It’s CREOLE WEEK in Dominica
Independence Celebrations is a vibrant, colourful time in Dominica.
It’s time to wear madras, eat traditional creole food, and listen to the sounds of jing ping music!
This week features:
- Creole in the Park – Monday through Thursday at the Roseau Botanic Gardens (official website).
- World Creole Music Festival – Friday, Saturday & Sunday at the Stadium (official website).
Here are some highlights of other activities during the upcoming week:
- Steelband Festival – Monday night, October 25th on the Bayfront
- Traditional Culture Night – Wednesday night, Oct. 27th on the Bayfront
- National Wob Dwiyet Pageant – Thursday, Oct.28th at The Old Mill, Canefield
- Creole Day Dress Parade – Friday, Oct. 29th, 11 am in Roseau
- Market Day with a Difference – Saturday, Oct. 30th at Roseau Market
- Creole Bord la Mer – Sunday, Oct. 31st, Roseau Bayfront from 6 am.
For a full schedule of Independence activities, visit avirtualDominica.com.