Nature Island Literary Festival & Book Fair 2015
August 6th – 9th 2015
It’s that time of year, and NILF is here! In its 7th year, the Festival has become synonymous with the first weeks in August, solidifying itself as a part of Dominican and Caribbean Literary traditions.
The festival showcases a number of artists from around the Caribbean, US and the UK – with a Caribbean focus. Through lectures, workshops, music, readings and plays, NILF is for anyone interested in revealing, or tapping into their creative side. This year will feature:
- Author Oonya Kempadoo from Guyanya/Grenada;
- Writer/Actor/Critic Vladimir Lucien from St Lucia;
- Scriptwriter/Director Christopher DeRiggs from Grenada;
- Author Alick Lazare from Dominica;
- Poet, Researcher/Consultant Jean Barfleur from Guadeloupe;
- Author/Editor Polly Pattullo from UK/Dominica;
- Author Kristine Simelda from US/Dominica;
- Actor, Poet, Playwright, Director and Cultural Critic Travis Weekes St Lucia;
- Poet, Teacher and Blogger Faizah Tabasamu from St. Maarten; and
- Delroy Williams, Tamara Lowe and Yakima Cuffy from Dominica.